They were displaying a prototype of a camera mount that allows two cameras to be mounted on a single-tripod to shoot 3D. Nick Rose is the inventor, and managing director of TeleTest. In this audio interview, I spoke with him on the show floor to learn more about his new gear.
There are several points to listen for during our conversation:
- Shooting 3D is more than putting two cameras side-by-side
- Adjusting the distance between the cameras (intra-ocular) distance is needed to create a 3D effect.
- Toeing is used to enhance the 3D effect.
- Aligning both cameras needs to be done to make sure the shots match.
- Existing gear is really expensive and requires a large crew to setup – BinoRig is an alternative to this approach.
I found all his comments very informative and wanted to share them with you.
Click here to listen to the interview. (TRT: 7:37 – 3.6 MB – QuickTime)
I discovered several other small, but fascinating, companies at BVE, which I’ll share with you over the next couple of days.
NEW & Updated!
Edit smarter with Larry’s latest training, all available in our store.