Top Ten Tips for 2020 from “The Inside Tips”
During this last year, The Inside Tips published 975 tips and tricks covering six subject categories:
- Adobe Premiere
- Apple Final Cut Pro
- Apple Motion
- Codecs & Media
- Random Media Weirdness
- Visual Effects
Here are two lists of “Top Ten Tips:” The first is sorted by views and the second by reader ratings.
TOP 10 INSIDE TIPS FOR 2020
(Sorted by Views)
- Tip #479: Copy and Paste Masks in Premiere
- Tip #283: AAF vs. EDL vs. OMF Export
- Tip #413: Mask Multiple Clips with an Adjustment Layer
- Tip #474: DNxHR vs. ProRes
- Tip #329: Blurs and Mosaics are No Longer Safe
- Tip #592: Make Zooms More Interesting
- Tip #957: Apple Supports VP9 in macOS Big Sur
- Tip #1135: Boost and Smooth Dialog Levels
- Tip #715: How to Reset FCP X to Fix Problems
- Tip #342: Uses for Emoji in Final Cut Pro X
NOTE: Tips are sorted by views, most views listed first.
TOP 10 INSIDE TIPS
(Sorted by Ratings)
- Tip #742: The Best Advice to Keep Your Cool
- Tip #614: What is the Alpha Channel
- Tip #580: The History of Storyboards
- Tip #911: The Skin Tone Line is Your Friend
- Tip #515: Using the Active Camera Menu
- Tip #631: Get Freelance Work From Video Marketplaces
- Tip #1056: Move a Mix from Audition to Premiere
- Tip #624: Not All Captions Look Alike
- Tip #581: Create Colorful Lighting for 3D Text
- Tip #398: Use Watch Folders in AME for Automation
NOTE: Each tip was rated 5 out of 5. They are sorted by the number of votes each tip received, with the most votes listed first.
Bookmark the permalink
NEW & Updated!
Edit smarter with Larry’s latest training, all available in our store.
Access over 1,900 on-demand video editing courses. Become a member of our Video Training Library today!
Subscribe to Larry's FREE weekly newsletter and save 10%
on your first purchase.
4 Responses to Top Ten Tips for 2020 from “The Inside Tips”
Thanks for your continued wit, intelligence, and informative publishings! Have a Happy New Year and I look forward to more of your wisdom in 2021!
Thanks for the kind words!
Have a very Happy – and much, much better – New Year yourself.
I do not believe tip #413 works in Premiere.
It only masks the adjustment layer, not the layers beneath.
Good to know. Thanks!