FCP X: Import Media From Camera, Camera Card, Hard Disk and iPhone [u] [video]
[This is an excerpt from a recent on-line video webinar: “FCP X: Media Management” which you can download here in our store, or as part of our Video Training Library.]
[ This movie was updated Feb. 5, 2016, to fix errors regarding how AVCHD media is handled by Final Cut Pro X.]
Media management is defined as: “the process of organizing, importing and keywording media prior to and during editing.” Sounds simple, but we get more questions about media management in Final Cut Pro X than any other subject. So, this week, our goal is to answer all your questions.
In this webinar, Larry Jordan looks at:
- Where to store media on your system
- How to organize media
- How to move libraries, media and projects
- Which import options to use for your projects
- How to use favorites and keywords to track all your clips after import
- When files should be stored in a library or referenced separately
- How to consolidate libraries
- How to create libraries from existing events and projects
- How to change library preference settings
- How to change where media and render files are stored
In this short video excerpt, Larry shows the best way to import media from a camera, camera card, hard disk or iPhone into Final Cut Pro X.
Import Media From Camera, Camera Card, Hard Disk and iPhone
TRT: 8:29 — MPEG-4 HD movie
Our website offers lots more video training in our store.
Bookmark the permalink
NEW & Updated!
Edit smarter with Larry’s latest training, all available in our store.
Access over 1,900 on-demand video editing courses. Become a member of our Video Training Library today!
Subscribe to Larry's FREE weekly newsletter and save 10%
on your first purchase.