FCP X: Floating Timecode Window
Did you know there was a floating timecode window inside Final Cut Pro X that you can drag wherever you want, even to a second monitor?
No, I didn’t either.
But it’s there and easy to access.
Right-click the Timecode display at the bottom of the Viewer and choose Show Timecode Window.
Right-click (Control-click) inside the Timecode window and discover a variety of formatting options.
- Grab an edge or a corner and resize the display.
- Drag it to a second monitor, or anywhere in the interface you choose.
- Change the look of the text or background.
- Copy and paste timecode values within Final Cut, or between apps.
- Finally, click the close box, or right-click to display the menu, to make the display go away.
Very, very cool.
Bookmark the permalink
NEW & Updated!
Edit smarter with Larry’s latest training, all available in our store.
Access over 1,900 on-demand video editing courses. Become a member of our Video Training Library today!
Subscribe to Larry's FREE weekly newsletter and save 10%
on your first purchase.