Adobe Announces New Creative Cloud Updates
Last Wednesday, Adobe Systems announced new versions of Premiere Pro CC, After Effects, Audition, Character Animator and Adobe Stock. According to Adobe’s press release, these updates are designed to “help filmmakers and video professionals create standout content,” [with] “innovations in virtual reality (VR)/360, animation, motion graphics, editing, collaboration and Adobe Stock – all available later this year.”
Adobe is demoing this new software this week at IBC 2017.
For me, the biggest news was buried in these announcements: “Adobe Sensei.” This is a framework for artificial intelligence and machine learning built into the Adobe Cloud platform which leverages Adobe’s massive volume of content and data assets. Adobe Sensei is designed to “improve the design and delivery of digital experiences;” which is a pretty generic phrase that covers some significant potential for future growth.
NOTE: Here’s a data sheet explaining Adobe Sensei in more detail.
According to the Adobe press release, new features in Premiere include:
- The ability to open multiple projects at the same time
- Improvements to the Essential Graphics panel
- The ability to access motion graphics templates delivered via Adobe Stock
- Improved virtual reality video creation and support for common consumer headsets
- 360VR audio can now be positioned by orientation and position, then exported as an ambisonics file
- Team projects are released and support collaboration over local area networks
- Team projects in Premiere now allow project locking to prevent accidental changes
New features in After Effects include:
- Create and update animated graphics using data sets
- Improved expressions for faster animation
New features in Audition include:
- Improved session organization for multi-take workflow
- Continuous playback while editing
- Auto-ducking is now included in the Essential Sound panel, simplifying mixing music
- Improved hardware support
- Faster mixdown exports
New features in Character Animator include:
- Improved animation functions, including pose-to-pose blending
- Improved lip syncing
- Improved puppet controls
- Improved physics behaviors
New features in Adobe Stock:
- Over 90 million assets, including more than 4 million HD and 4K video clips
- Hundreds of professionally-created motion graphics templates
- Artists can now sell motion graphic templates for Premiere through Adobe Stock
The updates will be included as part of the Adobe software subscription service and available later this fall. Adobe did not announce a release date.
Adobe Press Release
Adobe Feature Reveal
New product data sheet
Bookmark the permalink
NEW & Updated!
Edit smarter with Larry’s latest training, all available in our store.
Access over 1,900 on-demand video editing courses. Become a member of our Video Training Library today!
Subscribe to Larry's FREE weekly newsletter and save 10%
on your first purchase.