132: 3D Space in Motion 5.1
132: 3D Space in Motion 5.1
In this video training, Larry takes you deep into the world of 3D space using Motion 5.1. Building on the belief that the best effects are composed of simple steps that are combined to create stunning visuals, Larry shows you the building blocks of 3D. In fact, he starts by showing how to achieve killer 3D looks without even using cameras, or lights, or sets.
Presented: August 27, 2014
Killer 3D Effects Without Killing Yourself!
Each week, Larry Jordan presents a live, on-line, video training webinar explaining subjects related to video editing and post-production. For a list of upcoming webinars, click here.
File size: 485 MB (ZIP file)
Format: QuickTime movie (HD: 1280 x 720)
DOWNLOAD NOTE: After you complete the store checkout process, you will see a Download Link on the Order Confirmation page. This link allows you to download the product to your computer. You have four attempts and 10 days to download the file. Since this title is downloaded, a CD/DVD will not be mailed to you.
Click to enlarge image.
Motion 5.x creates amazing motion graphics – but it can also be intimidating to editors that are not familiar with how it works — especially, when it comes to creating effects in 3D.
In this video training, host Larry Jordan, takes you deep into the world of 3D space using Motion 5.1. Building on the belief that the best effects are composed of simple steps that are combined to create stunning visuals, Larry shows you the building blocks of 3D. In fact, he starts by showing how to achieve killer 3D looks without even using cameras, or lights, or sets.
Then, he takes you further by illustrating how to add and animate a camera, light sources, and depth-of-field to the camera’s image. Finally, he puts it all together by creating multiple sets and showing how to move the camera dynamically between them.
This webinar will showcase entirely new ways to create compelling effects, without requiring an advanced degree in rocket science.
This intermediate-level training assumes a basic knowledge of the Motion interface, how to build projects and how to move objects using behaviors. (If you need an introduction to Motion 5, please view this webinar: Introduction to Motion 5.)
To help you quickly find the information you need, we also included chapter markers in the QuickTime movie for easy navigation. Click here to learn how to display them in your download.
- Define: What is 3D space?
- Define: Key concepts and key terms
- DEMO: Change position and rotation of an object in 3D space
- DEMO: The 3D Transform button
- DEMO: Move objects in 3D space using Behaviors
- DEMO: Convert Groups from 2D to 3D
- DEMO: The Spin Behavior in 3D
- DEMO: Animate layered Photoshop files
- DEMO: Convert a Motion project to an FCP X template
- DEMO: Add and modify Build In/Build Out markers
- DEMO: Create animation using keyframes
- DEMO: Publish projects to Final Cut Pro X
- DEMO: Solo layers and groups
- DEMO: Add a camera
- DEMO: Change camera views
- DEMO: Move a camera in 3D space
- DEMO: Camera Sweep behavior
- DEMO: Camera Dolly behavior
- DEMO: Add a light
- DEMO: Change the light source
- DEMO: Move a light in 3D space
- DEMO: Move lights and cameras together
- DEMO: Add Depth-of-Field to a Camera
- DEMO: Adjust depth-of-field
- DEMO: Move a camera between sets
- DEMO: Add Framing behaviors
- 3D Keyboard Shortcuts