120: FCP X: Color Correct a Scene
120: FCP X: Color Correct a Scene
Color correction fixes mistakes. Color grading uses color to enhance the emotion of your story. In this one-hour video training, discover how the color effects, third-party filters and Color Board inside Final Cut Pro X can reinforce and emphasize the story you're creating.
Presented: April 30, 2014
New Tips and New Techniques!
Each week, Larry Jordan presents a live, on-line, video training webinar explaining subjects related to video editing and post-production. For a list of upcoming webinars, click here.
File size: 280 MB (ZIP file)
Format: QuickTime movie (HD: 1280 x 720)
DOWNLOAD NOTE: After you complete the store checkout process, you will see a Download Link on the Order Confirmation page. This link allows you to download the product to your computer. You have four attempts and 10 days to download the file. Since this title is downloaded, a CD/DVD will not be mailed to you.
Click to see larger image.
Color correction fixes mistakes. Color grading uses color to enhance the emotion of your story. In this one-hour video training, discover how the color effects, third-party filters and Color Board inside Final Cut Pro X can reinforce and emphasize the story you’re creating.
Join host, Larry Jordan, as he briefly reviews how to use the video scopes, then color grades three different dramatic scenes showing you techniques you can put to work immediately to catch the eye of the viewer. Along the way, you’ll also learn how to copy effects between clips, adjust color settings inside clips, change effects across a range of clips and use third-party plug-ins to do more than Final Cut can do by itself.
This intermediate-level webinar builds on the introduction to color correction presented in Webinar 71 – Manual Color Correction in FCP X. If color correction and video scopes are new to you, watch Webinar 71 first. (This video training plays as a QuickTime movie. You don’t need to own any other software to watch this movie.)
To help you quickly find the information you need, we also included chapter markers in the QuickTime movie for easy navigation. Click here to learn how to display them in your download.
- Definitions of color correction
- A simple color grading workflow
- A review of using video scopes
- DEMO: Using the Color Board
- DEMO: What happens when you adjust exposure
- DEMO: Color grade a Winter Scene
- DEMO: Working with FCP X effects
- DEMO: Copy and paste effects
- DEMO: Copy and paste portions of an effect
- DEMO: Create a compound clip
- DEMO: Create a master effect applied to a compound clip
- DEMO: Create and modify a shape mask
- DEMO: Create and modify a vignette
- DEMO: Color grade a emotional scene
- DEMO: Highlight an actor
- DEMO: Dim a bright object in the frame
- DEMO: Keyframe a shape mask to move as the camera moves
- DEMO: Add and adjust a desaturation filter
- DEMO: Add and adjust a color tint filter
- DEMO: Tiffen dVX v3 visual effects for FCP X
- DEMO: Show how to use ProMist filters
- DEMO: Show how to use gobos to add background lights
- DEMO: Show how to use the "Day for Night" filter
- DEMO: Show us to use the "Day Into Night" filter
- DEMO: Show how to use the Polarize filter
- DEMO: Show how to create multiple color corrections in the same clip
- DEMO: Show how to create multiple masks in the same clip
- Provide relevant keyboard shortcuts for color grading