062: FCP X: Working with Audio
062: FCP X: Working with Audio
The best way to improve the quality of your picture is to improve the quality of your sound. In this online webinar, host Larry Jordan shows you how to improve your audio in Final Cut Pro X. FCP X has an entirely different â and trackless â way of handling audio. This session explains the basics of audio editing, audio mixing, and the use of key audio filters.
Presented: March 7, 2012
Audio Basics for Final Cut Pro X.
Each week, Larry Jordan presents a live, online, training webinar discussing issues related to video post-production; often focused on Apple Final Cut applications. For a list of upcoming webinars, click here.
File size: 207 MB (ZIP file)
Format: QuickTime movie (1280×720)
Download Note: After you complete the store checkout process, you will see a Download Link on the Order Confirmation page. This link will allow you to download the product to your computer. You are given two attempts and 10 days to download the file. Since this is a downloadable product, a CD/DVD will not be mailed to you.
The best way to improve the quality of your picture is to improve the quality of your sound. In this online webinar, host Larry Jordan shows you how to improve your audio in Final Cut Pro X. FCP X has an entirely different – and trackless – way of handling audio. This session explains the basics of audio editing, audio mixing, and the use of key audio filters.
One of the cool new features in Final Cut is that FCP X inherited all the world-class filters that used to be in Soundtrack Pro. Which is great – provided you know how to use them. In this session, Larry illustrates several key filters that can make a huge difference in the sound of your final project.
In this tutorial, you will learn:
- Definitions of key audio concepts
- How to read audio meters
- How to add audio transitions and fades
- How to edit audio separately from video
- How to fix common audio problems
- Learn how to apply and modify key audio filters
- How to adjust, modify, and automate audio levels
This introductory webinar is designed for editors who want to learn how to adjust their audio in Final Cut Pro X more effectively. You don’t need to own any of this software to watch this tutorial.
To help you quickly find the information you need, we included chapter markers in the QuickTime movie for easy navigation. Click here to learn how to display them in your download.
- Define key audio terms
- Explain the #1 rule for audio levels
- Discuss how FCP X displays audio levels
- DEMO: How to display audio meters
- DEMO: How to switch a Project between stereo and surround
- DEMO: How to adjust audio levels in the Timeline and Inspector
- DEMO: How to automate levels using keyframes
- DEMO: How to separate audio from video
- DEMO: How to create a blended audio transition
- DEMO: How to create audio storylines
- DEMO: How to convert a stereo clip to mono
- DEMO: How to remove excess audio channels
- DEMO: How to create a compound clip
- DEMO: How to match the audio between two clips
- DEMO: How to sync DSLR video with audio
- DEMO: How to use the Limiter filter
- DEMO: How to use the Fat EQ filter
- DEMO: How to use the Telephone filter
- DEMO: How to use a reverb filter
- DEMO: How to use Space Designer for green screen shots