Apple Updates Final Cut Pro X
This morning, Apple updated Final Cut Pro X, Motion, and Compressor, with a variety of bug fixes.
Probably the bug fix that would be most valuable to many people – based on the number of emails I received on this – is fixing a problem when trying to burn a single-layer DVD.
Here’s the complete list from Apple:
FINAL CUT PRO
- The Letterbox effect “Offset” slider has been restored.
- Fixes an issue when creating a single layer DVD
- Fixes an issue where some third-party effects could cause Final Cut Pro to hang during background rendering
- Fixes an issue where some third-party transitions would incorrectly use black instead of source media
- Adds support for editing MXF files that are still ingesting
- Fixes an issue rendering Motion Templates containing Image Units
- Fixes an issue where Image Units were removed when a project was saved
- Fixes issues when working with multiple documents on dual displays
- Fixes an issue with the upload of clips greater than 1 GB to Vimeo
There are no new features in this version, 10.0.7, which is in keeping with other updates sequences from Apple. A major feature release is followed with a bug-fix release.
While the update is free, I’ll probably wait a couple of days to make sure this doesn’t cause any new problems before updating my production systems. You can access the update via the Mac App Store.
As always, let me know what you think.
NEW & Updated!
Edit smarter with Larry’s latest training, all available in our store.
Access over 1,900 on-demand video editing courses. Become a member of our Video Training Library today!
Subscribe to Larry's FREE weekly newsletter and save 10%
on your first purchase.